Thursday, August 23, 2007

This Post Should Have Had Photos!

I made Kevin take pictures of my finished Mystery Stole and today's progress on the Solstice Slip Socks on the way home... but left the camera cord at work, so no pictures. I'd made all kinds of progress on the socks too, thanks to SnB last night and a 4-hour meeting this morning. I finished sock #1 at SnB, and got started on sock #2. Now I'm about half way up the foot to the heel. And next week is going to be great, knitting-wise: the annual professional meeting of the Society of American Archivists, with hours of potential knitting time during presentations.

I felt self-conscious knitting at my first SAA meeting (because I was worried that people who saw me wouldn't understand that I listen better when knitting), but then I noticed that more established archivists were knitting too, so now I knit with impunity. And I've talked to archivists I never would have spoken to otherwise (admittedly, we talked about knitting not archives, but talking is talking, right?)

No comments: