Thursday, August 2, 2007

piCardigan!

I've just noticed that I haven't posted finished photos of the picot cardigan (called piCardigan for short) over here, only in Ravelry. So here it is:


Standing still...


and walking.

Details:
Sizes: 37.5 (39.5, 41, 43, 45) finished chest measurement (when closed--the size I'm wearing is about 2 inches larger than I am at the bust)
Length: 20(21, 22, 23, 24) inches from back of neck to hem
Yarn: 9 (10, 11, 12, 13) skeins of Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere, 103 yds/90 m per 50 g skein.
gauge: 17 sts = 4 inches/10 cm (I used a US size 7 needle.)
Pattern: 4-page pdf, with schematic. You'll receive an email with download info when you pay (through Paypal).
Cost: $5.00

Note: I was within a few yards of starting a 10th skein for the smallest size, so if you're going to lengthen anything you might want to buy more yarn. According to my calculations, there will be more leeway in the other sizes.

[ETA on 11/26/07: this sweater is now available for sale on The Garter Belt--there's more information about it there too!]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this picot cardi. However, picky me, I need a larger size [48] and picky, again, I always want to see a pic of the back. I've tried telling that to the mags too, but few listen to that type of request.
Back to unpicky mode, I could probably size it up myself.
Hope this comment qualifies me as entry in the yarn giveaway! ctg@tampabay.rr.com

Lyndsey-Jane said...

love the cardigan too, but again would love it in a bigger size. My mum's getting back into knitting and really wants to knit herself something but being larger it is hard to find stuff that will fit. This would be perfect if it was a tad bigger