Thursday, August 2, 2007

In Which Knitting is Not Quite as Popular as I Think

I realized that I don't have any stray hats floating around to bring to the Yarn Harlot's talk, so I started this one Tuesday night and finished it several hours after this picture was taken (yesterday).

Wouldn't you like some yarn?

It's a simple roll brim hat with symmetrical decreases around the top. I usually make these hats on 72 sts, which seemed fine, but this one turned out either too tall or too wide, so I may try felting it a bit (or, figure someone is bound to have a big head and they'll be glad to have a hat that fits them perfectly?). I'm making a second one, slightly smaller. The yarn is from the Farmhouse Yarn bins-on-the-driveway sale... I think the one this spring, rather than the one last fall... and didn't have any labels.

Anyway, the thing is that I dreamed that I went to the Yarn Harlot's talk with some SnBers and got ice cream. I apparently have the most un-inventive subconscious ever, since a bunch of us are going together in real life, and there's every chance that we'll get ice cream. But in my dream, Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton came too (they were nice enough, but didn't get any ice cream). It's possible that I'm overestimating the spread of knitting, huh?

No comments: