Friday, February 29, 2008

Silly

I had a appointment with the physical therapist just now (about my hand, of course).

As I'd suspected, it's completely fine--I didn't lose any of my range of motion (at least compared to my other hand, since no one measures their normal range of motion just in case they hurt themselves!), and I just need to strengthen it a bit.

So she gave me some silly putty.



I mean, special physical therapy putty, which comes in different densities, so you can build up to a harder putty as you get stronger. I'm supposed to spend a few minutes a couple of times a day squeezing it as hard as I can, making sure I work my fingers in as far as they'll go.

2 comments:

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

It's my super-unprofessional opinion that your good range of healed motion is thanks to your covert knitting. But I bet you didn't tell the PT ?

jennsquared said...

Dude, I would be playing with that thing ALL THE TIME! I know, I have a problem.