Sunday, February 3, 2008

Nope

The blue thing is not a baby blanket. But I have a bunch of gift knitting for babies coming up... just as soon as I can use my hand!

Also, do you think these stripes are funny looking?



That's about 400 hours' worth of sock knitting right there, and Kevin is no help... he said the stripes don't look any funnier/more funny than my other socks. Gee, thanks!

I think that I only think only look funny because they seem very orange to me(to a non-orange wearer, anything with any orange looks completely orange). But maybe they really do look funny and I'm so distracted by the orange that I can't tell how funny looking they are. It's hard work to over-think this much--makes the brain hurt!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The orange doesn't look funny to me, except in the way that orange is ALWAYS clowny-funny. What does look funny to me is the odd segregation of the dark rows. I can never think too much about variegated yarns--it would drive me crazy.

And what's funny about that last sentence? I'll leave it to you to figure out. :)

jennsquared said...

I think they look okay. But I think I have to look at it in person to confirm. I own some crazy color socks - not handmade, but nothing orange now I think of it. The closest thing is black socks with lots of orange jack o lantern for Halloween... hmmm...

loretta said...

I agree with Annie, variegated yarns are unpredictable. You have to be willing to accept surprises. And the second sock can be a new surprise as well. They look fine to me, but I admit I'm gravitating more to semi-solid yarns these days because of the surprise factor. I've learned that not all surprises are good surprises.