In the absence of anything both new and photogenic, I present a recent cell phone discovery: a sweater I designed for Schaefer in May 2006.
At the time, it seemed insanely bright, but in retrospect (or through the intervention of the cell phone camera), it seems much more restrained. I still probably wouldn't make one for myself in this color combo, but that's definitely me: on top of the red thing, I wear stripes so infrequently that when I do I announce it to Kevin periodically throughout the day ("Kevin! Stripes! Stripes are sporty!" Poor Kevin.) So he probably doesn't want me to make this either.
Without taking any photographic evidence, I decided to block the wrap cardigan from a couple of days ago (after I finished the second sleeve), to see how long it would really be, and what the sees stitch and non-seed stitch hems would look like post block. Plus, blocking gave me time to think about whether to redo the lower hem in seed stitch without feeling like I should just pick one and do it already.
Blocked, it turned out that I liked the plain hem too, and think it's a better option for me (and probably most other people too, since the seed stitch hems attract the eye and add a little volume--not what anyone wants for their hips). So I picked up a million stitches around the fronts and neck, and got started on that hem (which will be seed stitch).
Two rows of a million stitches each made me want to start something new, so I swatched some of my blue/purple handspun. I even blocked my swatch! I think I have about 350-375 yards, so I'm thinking about a vest. I like Garnstudio #102-11 which has a shawl collar and belt (and which might very well be terrible on me, now that I look at it again). But I don't think I have nearly enought yarn, so I may just make up a standard vest shape. Or something... I haven't decided yet.