Friday, December 21, 2007

Travel Knitting Undate

I'm not quite packed yet (even though we're planning to leave in 2 or 3 hours), but I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that I've sorted out my travel knitting. I finished my sister's sweater at SnB on Wednesday (between eating cookies--the world needs more cookie swaps!), and then Kevin's gloves last night, so I can go back to the projects I'd put on hold: my other sister's shawl and my marigold socks. So I packed those...

And then I went a little crazy. I'm bringing yarn for the chevron scarf (the Spunky Eclectic and Socks that Rock combo shown here). I wound them into yarn muffins which mixed the colors and now I'm even more excited to see how they knit up together.

But in case that doesn't work out I'm also bringing the yellow and tan yarn from the same post for socks, and some Brooks Farm Duet I've been hoarding for a while.

The Duet is the yarn that pooled in vertical stripes when I tried to knit a raglan in the round a while back (you remember this, right?) so I'm going to try a wrap cardi with it. I'll be knitting back and forth and over more stitches (because of the overlap for the wrapped front), so maybe that will combat the pooling. Or (more likely) I won't get to it at all, due to my insane knitting-related over-packing, and that will be fine too. We're driving so there's plenty of room, and it's not like a couple (or 5) extra skeins of yarn are going to slow down the car (we're renting a car, so the small hamster who powers our car won't have to exert himself--the additional yarn might have been too much for him!).

Also, I made a thingy and some other thingies, which I can't show till after Christmas. But they're really cute thingies! Yay internet and spinning guild for helping me find the thingies.

No comments: