So, I was looking at Ravelry earlier, and realized that I've knit 10 of the top 20 most popular patterns.
See? (The ones in bold.)
1. Monkey by Cookie A.
2. Fetching by Cheryl Niamath
3. Clapotis by Kate Gilbert
4. Jaywalker by Grumperina
5. Calorimetry by Kathryn Schoendorf
6. Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann
7. Ballband Dishcloth by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
8. Saartje's Bootees by Saartje de Bruijn
9. Branching Out by Susan Lawrence
10. Pomatomus by Cookie A.
11. My So Called Scarf by Stacey
12. Swan Lake / Mystery Stole 3 by Melanie Gibbons
13. Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark
14. Basic Sock Recipe by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
15. Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt
16. Felted Clogs (AC-33) by Bev Galeskas
17. Odessa by Grumperina
18. One-Piece Baby Kimono by Christina Shiffman
19. Irish Hiking Scarf by Adrian Bizilia
20. Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Sock by Wendy Johnson
And I've thought about making Fetching, Jaywalkers, a Swallowtail Shawl, and Embossed Leaves. (Although I've heard that Jaywalkers don't fit high insteps very well, so maybe I'll skip that one.)
And some of them (Clapotis, Monkey, the Baby Surprise Jacket) I've made repeatedly--three times each, in fact.
On the other hand, I've only used 3 of the top 10 yarns: Cascade 220 (repeatedly), Lamb's Pride Worsted (a couple of times), and Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (once). That one's thrown off by Schaefer--between designing, knitting a few samples, and getting paid in yarn, I use Schaefer yarns in an above average percentage of my knitting! (I know--poor me!)