Saturday, June 30, 2007

Slowest Connection Ever!

I'm in DC for my sister's bridal shower (she's getting married in September), and while I'm generally having a great time, the hotel internet connection is so slow it's going backwards.

However, I do have several important knitting updates... although no pictures till I get home. Thursday night, I finished my sock pal's second sock (Monkey socks, knit with the Socks That Rock club yarn from April--a silk & wool blend) and swatched for the Mystery Stole at last! I brought the chocolate laceweight from Live2Knit, as well as sizes 3 and 4 needles. I thought size 4 would be okay, so I started with that. It turned out that my yarnovers were really loose with the size 4s though, so I went down to size 3.

I was a little worried that the semi-solid yarn would be too variagated even after I knit the swatch Thursday night, so I figured I could re-assess Friday morning, and go shopping then if necessary (my only other choice from stash had an even wider range of colors, so it wasn't like I could have avoided buying more yarn by swatching earlier, or bringing more yarn with me). But the colors looked fine, so I printed out the first clue Friday morning and got started. I'm almost done with the first page of the chart, which I estimate is about a quarter of the way through the knitting for this clue. I've also started a new sock (plain stockinette stich using the Lorna's Laces I got from Greeley), for the Metro, and when people want to talk to me (darn people--getting in the way of knitting!).

(Also, the browser on this computer is only semi-compatible with Blogger, so no links, and no spell-check... what a lame post!)

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

Congratulations to your sister! I bet you are both having lots of fun in the city.

The stole sounds intriguing but I don't know if I'd mind not having the whole pattern at once.