Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Group Project

I think I've mentioned a couple of times that three friends and I have been making a baby blanket for a fourth friend whose baby is due in a very few weeks. The blanket is finished and mailed at last. This isn't the best picture ever (it might help if I didn't try to take pictures in the middle of the night...) and I swear the actual blanket doesn't have the strange spot on the upper left.

The yarn is Swish Superwash from Knit Picks--2 skeins each of the contrast colors, and 5 skeins of the yellow. I was pretty happy with the yarn. Because it's superwash, it became very loose and stretched out while it was wet, but it returned to normal when I machine dried it. In any case, the baby's mom is a knitter (she's the one who first convinced me to knit without a pattern), so I'm sure she understands about superwash.

No comments: