...about those pictures of the sock. I decided to block it instead, and then of course I didn't want to put it on. Instead, some spinning:
It's hard to see here, but this is actually 2 different natural colors plied together. This story would be a whole lot better if I remembered any actual information (or wasn't too lazy to go check), but the only thing I can remember about it is that one sheep is named Sarah and the other Coco. I bought 8 oz. of each color, spun them separately (I still have 4 oz. of one color to do), then plied them.
I thought about making a 3-ply, starting with all three the same color and changing one at a time till all three were the other color, but now that the color differences are so subtle, I'm glad I didn't--it would have been a lot of calculation and weighing for something that didn't even show in the end.
I used the woolee winder (and accompanying bobbin) for most of it, and the skein is huge in comparison to the skeins from original Lendrum bobbins--there's room for so much more yarn on the woollee winder bobbins!
I ripped out the sweater (just a partial sleeve) from the last post (the one I wasn't sure I'd blogged about before). The construction I'd imagined seemed like a good idea in theory, but once I got going I decided it would look sloppy. And as a break from small needles I started a felted basket/bowl. Or bunny bed.