Saturday, April 12, 2008

Phew!

Two pieces of (picture-less, of course) good news:

1. I have finished the front of the striped sweater for Schaefer, and in a burst of unusually good knitterly behavior, sewed the whole thing together this morning! So, just a smidge of collar and some math left, then I can send that off.

2. I might not run out of yarn on the purple shawl after all. As of this minute, I've used 61.25% of the yarn to knit 64.3% of the pattern. At this rate, I'll have 38 yards leftover when I finish. If it turns out to be more than that, I might have enough to think about working a border on the long side, which is part of the pattern but which I'd assumed I didn't have enough yarn to make. But I might skip the border for the moment, even if I do have enough yarn, because it recently occurred to be that if I'm very efficient over the next 2 weeks, I might be able to finish the shawl in time for the CT Sheep, Wool & Fiber Festival.

Maybe it could be a word problem:
If Rebecca can knit 64.3% of a shawl in 6 weeks, while she's meant to be working as fast as she can on another project (in my defense, sometimes the striped sweater was too big to bring with me!), can she knit 35.7% of a shawl in 2 weeks, with time left to block? Or will she be distracted by socks?

5 comments:

Sunflowerfairy said...

YOU CAN DO IT!! lol

See you tomorrow.

Hope for sun.

Cindy G said...

Ow, the math makes my head hurt!. But I'm really eager to see the finished shawl so I'm saying, "Yes, you can do it!"

jennsquared said...

You are too funny. I know you can do it :) Does that mean I have to go Wednesday to see it?

knitseashore said...

Knitting would be so much more fun, if not for the math. But if anyone can do it, you can! Good luck!

Baby Beth said...

I'm sorry, what time did the train leave Chicago? :)