Monday, March 24, 2008

A Sign?

My mom and I met up in DC this weekend to visit my sisters and their husbands/boyfriends/what have yous (technically, Anna's husband, their impending baby, and Rachel's boyfriend). In addition to getting to see each other and whatnot, this meant that I had to do my long run (20 miles! longest long run since the marathon!) all by my lonesome.

I wasn't looking forward to it especially, but it turned out fine, despite several signs which suggested otherwise:



I ran on the W & OD Trail, which crosses a small creek (a run) called difficult. But I was still entertained (remember, the further I run, the more easily I'm entertained!).



And one to warn rollerbladers about a steep section (fortunately, it was just about the only steep section, but it was definitely steep. I was very glad I wasn't rollerblading, but I was a little annoyed because there didn't seem to be any reason for the hill--if I'm going to have to over a hill, I at least want the hill to exist for a reason!).

3 comments:

jennsquared said...

Holy cow! 20 miles? Wow...

I find those signs funny as well.

Sunflowerfairy said...

Impending baby? Please explain further.

(If I ever saw that sign, I'd turn around. Seriously, I can't take any sort of challenge like that.)

Hope you had fun with the fam.

Elizabeth said...

Um, hills need a reason to exist? You mean, having been deposited there by a retreating glacier 20,000 years ago isn't a enough? Maybe we need a new bumpersticker: "Hills happen"