Monday, October 1, 2007

A Brief Interlude Between Trips

I'm back in New Haven for just about 12 hours before Kevin and I leave for Peru. So very quickly, here are my mom's pictures from Anna's wedding, which was lovely and incredibly well-organized (the hotel staff, photographers, and day of coordinator all commented on Anna's organizational skills--she really did an amazing job). My mom mostly took pictures when the official photographers weren't, so the pictures are mainly of us getting ready, and then of my aunts and uncles.


Buttoning Anna's Dress

What that means is that this is just about the best picture of Anna in her dress, at least till the official photos turn up. She looked beautiful though, and couldn't stop smiling.

And since this is a knitting blog...


Knitting takes the edge off

I kept offering my dad yarn before the ceremony (he's been nervous for months about walking Anna down the aisle), and suggesting that he think about wool, but I don't think he understood that I was completely serious. (Not that you can tell, but these are socks, following the coriolis master pattern from New Pathways for Socks Knitters. I used size 4 needles, and all but about 5 yards of the September yarn from the Woolgirl sock club.)

But knitting is the perfect pre-wedding activity... See?


Knitting Away

(I'm not sure what my internet access situation will be till I'm back in the US in 2 weeks, so I wouldn't hold my breath for posts if I were you! But I'll post about the trip once I'm back.)

2 comments:

jennsquared said...

Wow. I went to your flickr for all the photos... those are a lot of hair rollers!!!! You guys look beautiful! And there is no doubt that you are sisters - all three of ya!

Have fun at Peru!

Baby Beth said...

Have a safe flight! See you when you get back.