Monday, October 22, 2007

Monkey Socks

Of course, there was also knitting at Rhinebeck--I finished the Monkey socks I started as my portable project for the trip to Peru.


Monkey Socks

I was really worried about having enough yarn, because Jitterbug (this is Colinette Jitterbug, by the way) comes in 290-ish yard skeins, so I made the cuffs 1 repeat shorter than my other Monkey socks.

But I probably would have had enough to do slightly longer cuffs, since my leftovers are about the size of a golf ball. I thought briefly about detaching the cuffs, knitting another repeat of the pattern, then grafting the cuffs back on, but then I regained my senses. I'll just use the leftovers for booties or contrasting toes or heels or something.

I wore the socks to work on Monday (including a 1+ mile walk to get there), and they survived contact with shoes just fine. I haven't washed them yet, but Jitterbug is supposed to be superwash.

Speaking of Peru, I should post more about the trip, huh? I've promised to write an article about the trip for The Garter Belt (I'd just been accepted as a designer at the end of last year, when they kind of went on a new pattern hiatus, but the site is going to be active again soon), so I feel like any urge to write about the trip should be channeled into my article.

No comments: