Hey, one of the comments a couple of posts ago asked about the pattern for the picot socks (which I finished by the way, and posted on the Sock-A-Month KAL).
It's essentially the same pattern as the seaweed socks, except in stockinette stitch. For the bind off I worked to the height I wanted, worked a row of [K2tog, YO] all around, the worked 5 or 6 more rows (it's a good idea to use a smaller needle for these rows, but I didn't because I'm lazy), and then sewed the live stitches to the inside of the sock.
The sewing was a little tricky, because I didn't want the stitches to show from the outside (especially since the colors might not have matched). I tried just whip-stitching them down, but that didn't seem very secure, and the stitches seemed loose. I think it would have been fine if I had bound off first, but my bind offs are generally tight, and I was looking for stretchy. So in the end I grafted them to the inside.