Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Christmas in April

Look what I've remembered that I forgot:



I didn't forget my nieces, of course, but their dresses, which comprised a large part of the secret stockinette knitting I did in the fall. The dresses are from Adorable Knits for Tots, but I changed the gauge to match my yarn, and thought I'd save myself the trouble of sewing up the sides by knitting them in the round.

If I'd thought a little harder, I would have realized that meant intarsia in the round... but I didn't think that hard. So I found a tutorial online and figured it out. It was fiddly, and a bit of a pain, but I've only done flat intarsia a couple of times, so it's not as though I would have liked knitting the flowers flat much better.

And aren't they cute?

The nieces too, of course!

1 comment:

Ani said...

Love it! SO great! :-)