Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Visiting

Oops, look how fast nearly 2 weeks can pass!

My excuse is Thanksgiving travel and family visits. See?



(Sadly, she's just modeling this hat, which is a present for another baby, who cannot possibly be quite as cute, along with the blue socks from 2 posts ago.)

Speaking of socks, I've finished 2, nearly 3, more pairs: one from New Pathways for Socks Knitters (I didn't like the lack of a gusset on them either, so I have finally accepted that NPSK and I were not meant to be, and given it away to avoid further relapses), a pair of anklets from the leftovers, and a pair for a gift (that's the pair that's nearly done--the second sock just needs ribs). So that's 27, nearly 28, pairs in 6 months.

On the afternoon of the 30th, with the end of pair 28 in sight, I was briefly excited about finishing them (before I got distracted by spinning), because wouldn't it be great to overachieve and knit more than my self-imposed goal of 9 pairs every 2 months (for a total of 27 pairs in 6 months)? Then I remembered that my self-imposed goal was already overachieving, since 26 (not, ahem, 27) is half of 52.

Phew. Mediocrity in personal knitting challenge avoided! Mediocrity in basic math skills? Still possible! (On the other hand, I had a grand time the other day using algebra to calculate different possible sizes for a trapezoidal entrelac wrap using a given amount of yarn, so all is not lost, math-wise.)

5 comments:

knitseashore said...

Knitting would be so much better, were it not for the math, sigh. As a word girl, I struggle with it.

Anonymous said...

Never mind the math & algebra- what a scrumptiously adorable niece!

Anonymous said...

That is seriously the cutest baby ever--and I'm pretty sure I can develop a proof to make my case. :)

km said...

How can you post that adorable picture without telling me where I can get the pattern? Are you trying to torture me?

km said...

Thanks for the link -- I can't believe it's free to boot!