Friday, August 15, 2008

Haircut

Over the course of last week, I became convinced that Moppet's fur was on the verge of matting, and that she wasn't going to sit still for me to pluck it. And (since the loose hair doesn't shoot off in all directions like a fuzzy porcupine) I wasn't sure I'd be able to tell when I'd plucked off all of the loose/detached hair.

So Moppet got a little haircut.

Before:



After:



Obviously, I still need to work on symmetry. Although some of the fluff on that side could actually be feet.

She didn't seem to mind too much, and I think it was definitely the right thing to do--after I clipped the fur off her lower back, she started cleaning that area like mad. I think the skin there must have been itchy, but she wasn't able to get to it with all the fur in the way (fortunately, the skin there looks normal, so I much have clipped her before the itchiness turned into anything else).

I'll still be able to spin the cut fiber, although the Angora bunny book says the fiber will need to be sorted (by length). She does look a little funny, but she doesn't seem to mind. And look how tiny she is! I was starting to think maybe she was getting fat (I couldn't feel any bones!), but it turns out it was mostly fur.

1 comment:

Cindy G said...

Aww, it's a little poodle-Moppet. Still so cute I want to bunnynap her.