Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More Green Socks

But less exciting...



Since my last 2 pairs (the green pair from yesterday, and the un-blogged July Mystery Socks) have been somewhat complicated, and I've had to take good notes in order to write up the patterns, these are pretty boring: toe-up stockinette stitch with a short row heel. If I'm feeling adventurous when I get to the cuffs, I may do a picot hem.

On the other hand, these will count towards the 52 Pair Plunge II (it started on Sunday), so it may be a good thing that they're straight forward--I'll have plenty of time for more exciting in the remaining 51 pairs. Or, in a more likely scenario, the remaining 25-31 pairs, since a pair every 2 weeks or week and a half seems more doable, doesn't it? Especially since I'm planning to knit other things too.

And speaking of other things, the feeling that I'm "supposed" to be knitting socks definitely makes everything else seem more interesting! I was expecting that, but it's kind of a bad sign that I already feel that way on day 3, isn't it?

1 comment:

jennsquared said...

52 pairs are A LOT!!! I might be crazy joining the pentathlon, but I think you are crazier ;)