Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Miscellany

1. Lurking on the last page of a notebook I use for design notes, I found the following shopping list:

Buttons/snaps for sweater
Photo pocket pages

I could have written that list any day of my entire life--I should probably be shopping for fasteners of some kind and photo pages right now. (I use the photo pages to organize my knitting notebook/journal--I save a snippet of each yarn I use, plus the tag, along with a card of notes, regardless of Ravelry. Notice that the archivist whose graduate assistantship focused on electronic records preservation keeps a paper backup of the information she really cares about).

2. Does anyone else just want to knit the same socks over and over again? It's very odd, but I just want to make Monkey socks (I know I'm not the only one there, at least), Spring Forward socks, Marigold socks, and boring 3 x 1 ribbed ones. I do not feel this way about sweaters, shawls, etc--just socks. Suggest another sock pattern you love, please! (Or just a stitch pattern you love for socks.)

3. I've held off on writing about this so as not to jinx myself, but it appears that I'm rowing in the Head of the Charles tomorrow (knock on wood, as there is still time for all kinds of injuries... yesterday I got a splinter in my thumb trying to pick up a hair elastic that had fallen on the floor, but I seem to be OK now).

4. In a burst of unaccustomed preparedness, I've started knitting holiday presents already. Actual presents for specific people, not a mass of socks that I knit all year and divided up at the last minute. Possibly this will prevent staying up all night on December 23, in order to finish the yoke and hood of an adult sweater. Good for me, less good for the blog.

No comments: