Monday, June 15, 2009

Feathering

Just like the attack of the picots from 2 summers ago, I'm currently beset by feather and fan.

There's my version of the Buttercup Sweater (that's a link to Ravelry, which won't work for the non-knitters/non-members), which has feather and fan at the neck.



(I wore it last week and again yesterday, and I think I may want to mess with the lower hem before it's really done--I finished it off with a few rows of garter stitch, but it still wants to roll.)

And I speed knit a Wave Skirt (another Ravelry link) last week, which has feather and fan on the lower hem.



Finally, a top of my own creation...



... That's not quite done. I had 2 skeins of Class Elite's bamboo and cotton blend left over from the top I made last summer, which wasn't enough to make anything adult-sized on its own. I originally thought I'd make the skirt of a dress for E, with the top in another yarn, but then I thought maybe giving my sister a half cream dress to keep clean wasn't very sisterly. So I knit the cream yarn into the lower part of a top for me, and I'll make the upper bodice out of fabric and attach the knitted part to it. Eventually... it's amazing how I procrastinate on sewing!

3 comments:

Baby Beth said...

I can't wait to see fuller images of both Buttercupish and the Wave skirt! I've wanted to knit a skirt for a while now. How did you do the waist? Drawstring or elastic?

Anonymous said...

I love feather and fan! So fancy but so easy! Those items look great!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

I'm with Beth on wanting to see the full sweaterand I'm with you on a Feather & Fan thing , knitting the Sage Remedy altho starting to wonder if I shouldn't be knitting Buttercup instead.