Saturday, July 30, 2011

Orange You Glad?

I'm not sure how it happened, but it's been a while since I made a pair of socks!

I try not to have more than 3 projects on the needles at once, but finishing the pink cardigan opened up a slot, and I immediately cast on:



This is actually the second sock--I knit most of the first one on the way to and fromhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif a regatta in Delaware last weekend, knit the toe at home Sunday night, and started sock #2 immediately. It's Cookie A's Hedera pattern, from Knitty. This is actually the second time I've knit these socks--the first one turned out a little to narrow, so they became a gift. These are turning out just right though--I'm using a thicker yarn (Nichole, instead of Anne), and slightly larger needles (2.75 mm instead of 2.5 mm.... although I think the yarn is what's making the difference).

People who remember when gray was the brightest color I would wear: I might actually keep these socks for myself... although I will wear them mostly under tall boots, so they won't technically be visible.