Sunday, July 6, 2008

Na Obed

which means "out to lunch" in Russian (and became an ongoing joke among the group I studied with in Russia, after the sign at Lenin's tomb suggested that Lenin himself was out to lunch. Being dead for going on 90 years is hungry work!).

Anyway--Kevin and I will be at marathon camp (Kevin) and sculling camp (me--sculling is one type of rowing) till next weekend. Cell phones aren't supposed to work there, and there's definitely no internet access. Which seems like a good idea in theory, but which may cause us to short-circuit. I have packed enough knitting for an army of octopuses.

Have a good week!

2 comments:

jennsquared said...

First, nice sock pictures! I love those socks!

Second, I'm having the same dilemma of ripping. I'm on the SKP #3 but the pattern is cable and it's not easy to adjust the size of it for my small feet! GRRRRR! I ripped it 3 times already! I'm sure I'll be writing a whole post about it.

Third, enjoy your trip and I hope you don't have to drive too far to find internet!!!

bookwoman said...

Hope you're having a great week! Those places with no cell phones and no internet are so wonderful sometimes.